A Chartered Chemical Engineer, Sonya has held advisory roles with the Australian Attorney General’s Office and DFAT, addressing issues of human trafficking and modern slavery in supply chains and the implementation of the United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. She is currently a member of the Modern Slavery Expert Advisory Group with the Australian Department of Home Affairs. Sonya is also a Board Director of the Alliance for Water Stewardship and a member of the Royal Children’s Hospital Clinical Ethics Committee. Sonya joined Bunnings as Head of Sustainability and Community in early 2020, bringing with her extensive knowledge in the sustainability space gained from more than 20 years’ experience in retail, consumer goods and manufacturing industries. Specialising in stakeholder engagement, policy development and risk management, Sonya’s role sees her leading the growth of existing sustainability and community programs and finding new opportunities to drive positive long-term change across the business.
- EWB Board Update December 1, 2023
- Inside the Dili Water System Emergency Repair program November 30, 2023
- Empathy, power and advocacy: how photovoice is transforming EWB’s qualitative data collection November 6, 2023
- How traditional sand filtration methods are solving complex engineering problems in Cambodia October 24, 2023
- Engineer by profession, engineer in spirit September 20, 2023