A Chartered Chemical Engineer, Sonya has held advisory roles with the Australian Attorney General’s Office and DFAT, addressing issues of human trafficking and modern slavery in supply chains and the implementation of the United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. She is currently a member of the Modern Slavery Expert Advisory Group with the Australian Department of Home Affairs. Sonya is also a Board Director of the Alliance for Water Stewardship and a member of the Royal Children’s Hospital Clinical Ethics Committee. Sonya joined Bunnings as Head of Sustainability and Community in early 2020, bringing with her extensive knowledge in the sustainability space gained from more than 20 years’ experience in retail, consumer goods and manufacturing industries. Specialising in stakeholder engagement, policy development and risk management, Sonya’s role sees her leading the growth of existing sustainability and community programs and finding new opportunities to drive positive long-term change across the business.
- Meet our Futur-neers: Elise McCaul September 21, 2022
- Help shape EWB – nominate for the EWB Australia Board September 7, 2022
- The challenge that blew his mind: Tim Kuiper August 30, 2022
- Embedding Indigenous perspectives at Griffith University August 29, 2022
- Using human-centred design tools in community August 24, 2022