Mitch is an Industrial Designer with a strong human-centred design background in developing communities. He Studied Industrial Design at UTS and during his Honours Project was able to design a simple product that allows rural communities in Uganda to boil water and cook food at the same time, alleviating the stresses related to the lack of access to clean drinking water. He then founded his own charity in Uganda to distribute these products to remote communities. Since returning to Australia, Mitch has joined the EWB team to champion innovation and design as a tool for solving complex problems in the communities we work in.
- Meet our Futur-neers: Elise McCaul September 21, 2022
- Help shape EWB – nominate for the EWB Australia Board September 7, 2022
- The challenge that blew his mind: Tim Kuiper August 30, 2022
- Embedding Indigenous perspectives at Griffith University August 29, 2022
- Using human-centred design tools in community August 24, 2022