Mitch is an Industrial Designer with a strong human-centred design background in developing communities. He Studied Industrial Design at UTS and during his Honours Project was able to design a simple product that allows rural communities in Uganda to boil water and cook food at the same time, alleviating the stresses related to the lack of access to clean drinking water. He then founded his own charity in Uganda to distribute these products to remote communities. Since returning to Australia, Mitch has joined the EWB team to champion innovation and design as a tool for solving complex problems in the communities we work in.
- Empathy, power and advocacy: how photovoice is transforming EWB’s qualitative data collection November 6, 2023
- How traditional sand filtration methods are solving complex engineering problems in Cambodia October 24, 2023
- Engineer by profession, engineer in spirit September 20, 2023
- Building a reliable water supply for the residents of Darlau, Timor-Leste September 19, 2023
- ‘Impactful Futures’ Immersives return on Lama Lama Country September 19, 2023