EWB Connect, an initiative of EWB Australia, promotes opportunities for pro bono engineering and services, linking community projects in need with professional technical skills and advice. EWBConnect.org will now make it even easier for professionals and pro bono projects to link up and collaborate for social impact.
EWB Connect&#;s new website is the hub where; community organisations and professional services firms can request or express interest in providing pro bono services, where new opportunities to participate in pro bono are promoted and our current community projects are showcased. You can also access information and knowledge on the practice of pro bono as shared through case studies and resources, and learn more about our evolving program focus areas such as the &#;Skills for Change&#; professional development series.
The overall aim of EWB Connect is to facilitate a mindset shift and capability lift in the infrastructure profession towards greater social value creation and a culture of pro bono engineering through:
- Connecting community organisations with engineering and other technically specialised organisations that provide services on a pro bono basis
- Exploring opportunities to create social value in the footprint of core business activities
- Providing professional development opportunities around social value creation, human centered design and cross-cultural competencies
- Facilitating knowledge sharing
- Communicating and celebrating pro bono work across multiple sectors
Join leading organisations such as Arup, Aurecon, AECOM, GHD and WSP-Parsons Brinckerhoff, and community organisations such as Macedon Ranges Sustainability Group, Bawinanga Aboriginal Corporation, Good Shepherd ANZ, and Spinal Cord Injuries Australia in working to create social value and build a culture of pro bono in our industry. Proud, Professional and ProBono!