“Each new year we turn to the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House as the focal points of our celebrations. At the same time our members are delivering humanitarian engineering projects to provide people with access to shelter, renewable energy, information and communication technology (ICT), water management and disability access,” said CEO Lizzie Brown.
For all media enquiries contact:
Katie Shozi email@example.com
Subscribe for updates
Keep up to date with what we are doing on NYE by subscribing for special NYE updates.
Donate to EWB
Inspired to make a change this New Year&#;s Eve? A small regular donation of $ a month ($ a day) will change lives around the world.
Lord Mayor Clover Moore said the City was proud to celebrate EWB’s first years and support its life-changing efforts over the next decade.
“These inspiring volunteers at EWB use their time and skills to work closely with local organisations across our region, their work is improving the quality of life and having a lasting, positive impact on many communities” the Lord Mayor said.
There&#;s many ways you can get involved in EWB&#;s NYE celebrations including:
Visit EWB&#;s Pop-up Sites:
On NYE EWB will have a number of live Activation Sites around Sydney that you can visit to see and experience unique technology that has changed the world. The sites will be open from noon – pm on December and are located at:
- Wynyard Park – York St
- Pirrama Park – Piermont
- NAB House, George St
Watch this space for more information!
Make a #changeresolution:
A Change Resolution is a NYE Resolution about positive social change. This new year it&#;s time to reflecton our impact in the world and make a resolution to change it for the better. Here&#;s some ideas to get you started:
- Plant a veggie garden
- Volunteer for an organisation doing something you are passionate about
- Use a Keep Cup instead of buying coffee in disposable cups
- Donate $ a day (or more) to an organisation or cause you believe in
To submit your #changeresolution:
- Download the Telstra NYE App and click on &#;Message The Bridge&#; or
- Tweet it at @ewb_australia and use the hash tag #changeresolution or #nyesyd
All #changeresolutions have a chance of being displayed on the Bridge on NYE!
Download the Telstra NYE App:
Features of the NYE App include:
- Share to win – share content with friends for the chance to win a money-can&#;t-buy meet and greet with Michael Bublé.
- Midnight Messages – enter your texts before pm AEDST on NYE and Telstra will send up to FREE standard SMS messages to your family and friends at midnight.
- Message The Bridge – submit a message for the opportunity to see it projected onto the Sydney Harbour Bridge pylons during the night.
- Find Vantage Hot Spots to watch the pm Family Fireworks and Midnight Fireworks
Engineers Without Borders – Fast Facts
- Works in seven countries: Australia, Sri Lanka, India, Nepal, Cambodia, Vietnam and Timor Leste
- Network of , supporters including members, corporate partners, universities and donors
- Assists communities to access clean water, sanitation and hygiene, energy, basic infrastructure, waste systems, information communication technology and engineering education
- The impact of EWB’s work spans from assisting rural Nepali villages to access clean water and electricity, to developing the renewable energy sector in Cambodia and providing education opportunities for Aboriginal youth in Australia.
- This year marks EWB&#;s Year Anniversary. What a way to celebrate!