A huge congratulations to EWB’s South East Programs Director Kim Axworthy and EWB Member and volunteer Michael D’Onofrio who were two of the seven winners of the Australia’s Most Inspiring Young Engineers awards at last nights Engineering Leadership conference. EWB member and volunteer Kathryn Smith was also highly recommended.
Young Engineers Australia put out a call late last year for Australia’s Most Inspiring Young Engineers, as part of the Year of Engineering Leadership.
The judging panel was impressed with the calibre of the applications received for the award, and judging proved to be very difficult. The judging panel were looking for young engineers with:
- Inspirational achievements utilising engineering skills;
- Meaningful contribution to the engineering profession;
- Demonstrated leadership and initiative;
- Contribution to society; and
- Demonstrated outstanding communication skills.
We are so pleased to see EWB’ers amongst the nominees, congratulations!
- Julian O’Shea
- Kathryn Smith
- Kim Axworthy
- Michael D’Onofrio