On the th of March, EWB Founder and former CEO Daniel Almagor appeared as a guest judge on an episode of the ABC’s The New Inventors.Broadcast on ABC and hosted by comedian James O’Loghlin, each episode of the show features three new Australian inventions. Each invention is given time to showcase its economic viability, purpose, niche and use. Each invention is then queried by a panel of three judges chosen for their speciality in a particular field. Other regular judges include engineer James Bradfield Moody, designer Alison Page and inventor Sally Dominguez.This episode focused on inventions and technologies for the developing world, a topic that is particularly relevant to Daniel. Daniel said of the show, “It was heaps of fun and really motivating so see people working hard to find solutions to some of the huge problems facing so many people on earth”Following the judging, a winner is picked from the inventions based on six criteria; originality, need, safety, design, market and marketability, manafacture and pricing. The winner then goes in the running to be awarded the ‘Inventor of the Year” prize making it a fantastic opportunity for Australian inventors to gain publicity and entrance to the mass market. To download the episode (screened on the th of March), download it here .
- Empathy, power and advocacy: how photovoice is transforming EWB’s qualitative data collection November 6, 2023
- How traditional sand filtration methods are solving complex engineering problems in Cambodia October 24, 2023
- Engineer by profession, engineer in spirit September 20, 2023
- Building a reliable water supply for the residents of Darlau, Timor-Leste September 19, 2023
- ‘Impactful Futures’ Immersives return on Lama Lama Country September 19, 2023